- Who should attend the GovConNet Procurement Conference? Businesses ready to do business with federal, state and local governments, primes and each other. Also, any business that provides goods or services to government contractors.
- Do your homework before the Conference! Review the Breakout Sessions and Look Who’s Coming pages to identify your target agencies and learn as much as you can about what the agencies purchase and how.
- Be ready for Matchmaking! If you applied for Matchmaking by the April 21st deadline and were selected, get ready to meet one-on-one with government and prime contractors. Check your inbox for an email notification from MCCC letting you know the details about your 10-minute Matchmaking session including the time, location, and matchmaking host. Applicants received notified of their selection status by COB May 9.
- Make sure your registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) is current. SAM is the Official U.S. Government system that consolidated the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS. There is NO fee to register for this site. Entities may register at no cost directly from this page.
- Have a clear, concise capability statement. Include business type (socio-economic status), NAIC codes, and a description of your products and services. This should either be on a 1-page document or available on a url that you distribute.
- Travel light and wear comfortable shoes. A conference tote bag and a program book will be provided to help you stay organized and comfortable.
- Bring lots of business cards! You’ll be doing a lot of networking!
- See the tips from TargetGov President Gloria Larkin‘s How to Make This Conference Your Money-Maker! presentation at the March MCCC Business EXCELerator.