Click here to see highlights from past
Federal Innovation Forums!
Federal Innovation Track
IT Modernization: Paving the Road Forward
Room 3032 | Time: 10:00am – 10:45am
In this session, Keith Nakasone will discuss GSA’s efforts to innovate their way to even better acquisition solutions. The agency has been actively evaluating artificial intelligence and robotic process automation, but what’s next? Learn about GSA’s plans to enhance IT Schedule 70 with these new technologies.
- Keith Nakasone, Deputy Assistant Commissioner for Acquisition, Office of Information Technology Category (ITC), Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), U.S. General Services Administration (GSA)
Room 3032 | Time: 11:00am – 11:45am
- Jose Arrieta Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition, Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources (ASFR) U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Lori Ruderman, ReImagine Acq PMO Lead, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Oki Mek, ReImagine Emerging Tech Lead, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
Federal CIO/CTO Innovators
Room 3032 | Time: 1:00pm – 1:45pm
In 2018, the Modernizing Government Technology Act was signed into law, which allowed federal agencies to reprogram unused IT budget to fund future modernization projects. The Act gives agencies more resources to move into the cloud, implement shared services, strengthen security posture, and adopt emerging technologies like blockchain, artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotic process automation, etc. Panelists will be sharing their strategies, plans, and/or initiatives, if any, to modernize their agencies. Additionally, panelist will share their vision and outlook for the next 5 years.
- Michael Hermus, Founder & CEO of Revolution Four Group
- Avi Bender, Director, NTIS, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Charles Romine, Director of the Information Technology Laboratory, NIST
- Evan Lee, CTO and Director of Digital Services, Office of Inspector General Agency: Department of Health and Human Services (Invited)
Federal Innovation – Who are the Doers and What’s Next?
Room 3032 | Time: 2:00pm – 2:45pm
Today, innovation is happening across the federal government at a very rapid pace. Top federal agencies like GSA, DHS, OPM, EPA, and Treasury have created elite innovation units to foster innovation and reinvent the way the government does business. Innovation champions are exploring how emerging technologies like blockchain, artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, chatbots, etc. can make government faster and more efficient. Innovation champions will share their top initiatives, lessons learned, and predictions about the future of federal innovation.
- David Nguyen, Founder & CEO, United Solutions, LLC.
- Adam Goldberg, Director and Executive Architect, Department of the Treasury, Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation
- Darryl Peek, DHS (Invited)
- Dominic Sale, Assistant Commissioner of Operations, FAS Technology Transformation Services, GSA (invited)